Tegmagami Lodge
Contact Us

About Temagami Lodge


Recreational enthusiasts discovered the Temagami region at the end of the 19th century. The area was highly valued by sportsmen and canoeists, because of its great beauty and abundance of wildlife. Such interest sparked many tourist developments, one of which was the Temagami Inn. Built in 1905 by the Temagami Steamboat and Hotel Company, the 3-story hotel was once a grand luxury resort that could accommodate 200 guests. Temagami Inn eventually became the Temagami Lodge we know today. The original Inn was one of Ontario's largest log buildings and stood on the island until it was destroyed by fire in 1980. The old Billiard Hall is now the main house at Temagami Lodge; other historical remnants still exist on the property as well. From the days of Temagami Inn to the present day Lodge, one thing remains the same – your vacation satisfaction will be ensured with the warm hospitality that guests have enjoyed on our property for over 100 years.